If you want to avoid varicose veins, you need to take care of this in a timely manner. The statistics for the disease are convincingly bleak and yield very alarming rates. Especially for the female population of the planet. Of course, at a young and active age, her thoughts do not turn to varicose veins: life is rich, full of strength, and even the venerable years of her beloved grandmother with ugly knots on her legs, oh what far! However, varicose veins are an insidious disease. And rejuvenating every year. So you need to fight now. As long as the veins are healthy, prevention and time will not take long.
Who needs varicose vein prevention?
All, without exception. This is due to our modern pace of life: abundance of tasty and unhealthy foods, little mobility, frequent stress. But the disease also has pets that are at risk of getting sick first. That:
- People who havehereditary risks, namely. one or both parents suffer from varicose veins.
- Representatives of professions that requirestanding for a long time, sitting in a position, professional athletes (runners, weightlifters, etc. )
- Overweight gourmets. . .
- Fashionistas and stylish fashionistas- lovers of tight and tight clothing and high heels.
- Women.We brought the female sex to a separate group, because in addition to the listed factors, the risk status for varicose veins is pregnancy, menopause.
Also, people who already have chronic metabolic diseases, heart and blood vessels, and tumors are at risk. Secondary varicose veins are dangerous for them, that is, caused by an underlying pathology.
The pharmacy will help: medicines, ointments and other means.
The pharmaceutical industry is also aware of the problem of varicose veins. Therefore, in the assortment of pharmacies, you will find a sufficient number of ointments and creams for tired legs and for the first symptoms of varicose veins. Conventionally, all drugs for local use are divided into several groups.
- Heparoids. . . The medicinal substance thins the blood, dissolves blood clots. The use of ointment for varicose veins is justified, but should be applied after a medical appointment. With excessive enthusiasm for such drugs, bleeding is possible.
- Venotonic. . . Ointments and gels that help relieve fatigue by strengthening the tone of the vein walls. They also cope well with leg swelling.
- Honey-based ointments, creams and gelsand other bee products. They are widely used, they help well, they advertise even better.
- Complex preparations. . . They have venotonic and anticoagulant components.
All of these medications are easy to use. Read the annotation and use it. But do not forget the most important:Visit a doctor beforehand!
Caution!We consider it necessary to warn you about the dangers in relation tomagic ointmentsdistributed in various ways: by representatives of some little-known firms, private cosmetologists, online stores. Very often, unfortunate drugs have very dubious certificates and have not undergone any investigation.
And the popular methods?
Traditional medicine does not shy away from varicose veins. On the contrary, it actively offers many miracle recipes that can relieve not only varicose veins, but also many associated problems.
Homemade ointments, decoctions and medicinal rubs, compresses and alcoholic tinctures for oral administration according to the convictions of traditional doctors will cure you efficiently and economically in a short time. We do not mean to argue, there are many really excellent recipes in traditional medicine. But as representatives of official medicine, however, we urge you to look for a reasonable combination - the use of folk recipes after discussing them with a doctor. And in any case, do not refuse the traditional treatment prescribed by the doctor.
We analyze the diet and configure the food correctly
The nutrition of varicose veins is of great importance. If you are a convinced carnivore, and you prefer sweet buns for dessert, you will love varicose veins, do not hesitate. And at the same time obesity, metabolic problems and many other unpleasant ailments will make you fall in love.
The optimal diet for the prevention of varicose veins is the Mediterranean one. It contains a lot of vegetables, fruits, seafood, and fish, but almost no meat or baked goods. Did you know that it is very rare for people who prefer Mediterranean cuisine to have problems with boats?
So remember our advice when shopping at the supermarket.
Necessary compression with stockings.
An excellent prophylactic and therapeutic agent is compression underwear for varicose veins. Do not confuse it with tight stockings, they are different products. In choosing the size of underwear and the level of compression you need, you will be helped by a special 3D equipment, in which it will not only be accurately measured, but also the condition of the vessels of the extremities will be assessed.
We do not recommend buying or wearing compression stockings on your own. Only an experienced phlebologist can determine individual size, professionally adjust the duration of wearing underwear. The price of the issue is a single query.
Pregnancy: you can avoid varicose veins
Pregnancy is a physiological process, but the load on the veins of the lower extremities increases significantly. Every expectant mother should know this.
- The first thing a woman can do to prevent varicose veins is to adjust her diet as described above.
- The second is sufficient physical activity. Walking in the air, the right footwear will help the glasses from her.
- Special gymnastics is mandatory for pregnant women. Various movements of the feet, rolling from the heel to the toes, do not create special physical activity, but help the veins. Pregnancy is a period when cushions are especially useful. If you lie down to rest, let your legs rest on a pillow; blood circulation in the extremities will be more active.
- If you were familiar with varicose veins before pregnancy, consult a phlebologist for more advice. He will select compression underwear for you, tell you how to wear it correctly and for how long.
Varicose veins and profession: sedentary work and leg work
The predominant number of professions today involve sitting for a long time in one place. More precisely, on the computer. Even if your posture is comfortable and your chair is comfortable, these conditions will not save you from varicose veins. Therefore, follow some simple preventive rules:
- Never sit cross-legged, do not cross your legs - blood circulation in the extremities is impaired.
- Leave the fashionable hairpins to go to the restaurant and the theater, nothing more. The optimal footwear is natural, with a heel not exceeding 6 cm.
- Limit coffee and strong teas. Give preference to juices, fruit drinks, plain water.
- Make sure to play sports. It is best to swim.
- Get plenty of rest and don't overeat, monitor your body weight.
- Sitting at a table, do foot exercises.
If you can't sit down during work, you're on the go all day, don't forget:
- During rest, keep your feet in an elevated position.
- In the morning and at night, pour cold water on the pimples.
- Eat right, don't snack on the run.
- Wear compression underwear as a preventive measure and choose the right footwear.
General exercise for prevention
There are many wellness programs for varicose vein prevention. Therapeutic gymnastics is used when the disease is already present. If you are sure you are prone to varicose veins, do not include in your morning exercises:
- Active squats.
- Jump with both legs, including jump rope.
- Weight lifting exercises.
- Intense kicks.
Do the rest for your health!Don't forget to exercise your feet. After all, they can be performed even while lying in bed and sitting in an office chair, they work well.
The bicycle, which has become fashionable recently, is an excellent remedy for varicose veins. The pool is also a great activity.
Monotonous work in the field, transporting bags from the store should be minimized. But make outdoor activities a habit. Follow our recommendations, and the encounter with varicose veins will not take place!